Rural Distribution-Wholesale Channel Development
Leverage the Feeder Wholesale channel to spur Rural Distribution
Feeder Wholesaler (FWS) is possibly the most important channel for Rural distribution. The company operates various sales programs specifically aimed at this channel, to build purchase loyalty and brand distribution.
There is also a special 'Bandhan Club' for key FWS to build relationships with top wholesalers, which involves specials incentives on loyalty and visibility. An in-house software to track sales and distribution within this channel has also been developed and is fully operational across the country.
Colgate-Palmolive wants to assess its current trade programs, and improve upon these, to grow distribution in rural markets - in the context of the changing scenario in the Oral Care segment.
1. To identify and evaluate improvements over the current Feeder WS Programs (FWP).
2. Evaluate opportunities to improve 'Bandhan Club'.
3. Integration of the Feeder Wholesaler software with Colgate-Palmolive's ITT system
- Understand the FMCG business - with specific focus on Oral Care segment.
- Study the Feeder Wholesale channel: key driving factors, competitive analysis, gaps in implementation of various sales-related activities.
- Understand the elements of the current FWP and 'Bandhan Club' - including special incentives, Bandhan meets, newsletter
- Identify gaps in FWS software, and propose alternative solutions.
- Evaluate integration opportunities of FWS s/w with ITT system & implement.
- Identify and propose improvements in the FWP - to help drive off take at the Feeder Wholesaler outlet and grow rural distribution.
- Evaluate opportunities to consolidate & build a stronger relationship with the Feeder Wholesalers - through a scalable model of an expanded 'Bandhan Club'.
- Implementation and pilot rollout of a consolidated FWP plan to drive off take at FWS outlets in Gujarat.
- Analysis of 'Bandhan Club' elements with a proposal for an expanded version - including a plan to leverage Bandhan meets and Bandhan newsletter better.
- Implement development of the Feeder WS software as an integrated module in ITT.
Area of Operation
Based in Mumbai - involves traveling to various rural areas to understand:
1. Rural business
2. Bandhan Club meets.